Terrific Blue wall art dining room contemporary with silver chandelier unique chandelier gold dining table
1. Glowing oranges. Many readers strongly disagreed with the selection of caramel as a romance-inducing color in the story that is previous. It had been included in the mix because of a survey conducted in the U.K. in which participants with caramel-colored bedrooms advertised to truly have the sex that is most. For those who said caramel was “too brown” for them, perhaps orange is an option.Melody Jurick Designs, LLC Jennifer Ott Design Several of you, in fact, commented that a warm orange is your go-to hue to create an amorous vibe in your bedroom. As the first bedroom pictured has an orange wall color with a good bit of yellow in it, the orange wall in the second bedroom veers closer to red. Both hues are warm and alternatives that are luscious caramel. Orange paint colors to try: Indian Paint Brush from Behr or Honeybell from Benjamin Moore
2. Pretty plums and purples. Other romance-inducing hues mentioned by readers are shades of plum and purple. These appealing hues have a soothing, comforting quality to them. If you go for a darker shade, such as the colors shown above and at left, include some contrasting light hues and things with a good little bit of sheen to keep the vibe romantic and never gloomy.Jennifer Ott Design Purple paint colors to try: Pelt from Farrow & Ball or Wood Violet from Sherwin-Williams.
3. Deep blues. While many of you claimed a preference for hot colors to generate an intimate and inviting atmosphere in your bedroom, quite a few piped up to say deep blues are favorites. The saturated blues used above and at left might feel too chilly for the people moving into cool climates, if the weather is hot or mild your geographical area, you will get away with cool colors like these in the bedroom.Jennifer Ott Design Blue paint colors to try: Dark Secret from Kelly-Moore or Smoke Blue from PPG Pittsburgh Paints.
4. Tantalizing teals. I became pleased to see a few shout-outs for teal as a romantic bedroom color. I like this bold blue-green hybrid because I think it adds a bit of unexpected zing to a master bedroom without being too high-energy. It is an intense color on all four walls, so think about using it for accents only, as in the bedroom above, or limit the color to the headboard wall only, as shown at left. It's the perfect burst of playful color in otherwise spaces.Jennifer that is neutral Design Teal paint colors to try: Peacock Tail from Behr or Night Scape from Valspar.
5. Earthy browns. Another favorite quite that is mentioned is rich, warm shades of brown. As a neutral, brown can be called upon to serve as a background color to other zestier hues, such as the accents of orange in the image above and the color that is coral of seat in the room at left. Much like the dark purple and plum colors, though, you want to balance dark brown with white or off-white elements so the color scheme doesn't feel too heavy.Jennifer Ott Design Brown paint colors to try: Coffeehouse Chocolate from Benjamin Moore or Sable from Sherwin-Williams.Jennifer Robin Interiors Of course you can also inject rich brown tones around your bedroom through the generous use of wood elements. The wood-clad walls and ceiling in this bedroom really amp up the cozy and romantic vibe.