Splendid Argos Canvas Wall Charlotte Charlotte with Striped Bench Neutral Colors Beige Wall Stone Tile Floor Round
1. Glowing oranges. Many readers strongly disagreed with the selection of caramel as a romance-inducing color in the story that is previous. It was contained in the mix as a result of a survey conducted in the U.K. in which respondents with caramel-colored bedrooms stated to truly have the sex that is most. For those who said caramel was “too brown” in fact, commented that a warm orange is your go-to hue to create an amorous vibe in your bedroom for them, perhaps orange is an option.Melody Jurick Designs, LLC Jennifer Ott Design Several of you. Even though the first bedroom pictured has an orange wall color with a good bit of yellow in it, the orange wall in the second bedroom veers closer to red. Both hues are warm and alternatives that are luscious caramel. Orange paint colors to test: Indian Paint Brush from Behr or Honeybell from Benjamin Moore
2. Pretty plums and purples. Other romance-inducing hues mentioned by visitors are colors of purple and plum. These appealing hues have a soothing, comforting quality to them. If you go for a darker shade, such as the colors shown above and at left, include some contrasting light hues and objects with a good bit of sheen to keep the vibe romantic and not gloomy.Jennifer Ott Design Purple paint colors to test: Pelt from Farrow & Ball or Wood Violet from Sherwin-Williams.
3. Deep blues. Even though many of you stated a preference for hot colors to create an intimate and inviting atmosphere in your bedroom, quite a few piped up to say deep blues are favorites. The saturated blues used above and at left may feel too chilly for those surviving in cold climates, if the weather is hot or mild your geographical area, you can get away with cool colors like these in the bedroom.Jennifer Ott Design Blue paint colors to test: Dark Secret from Kelly-Moore or Smoke Blue from PPG Pittsburgh Paints.
4. Tantalizing teals. I was very happy to see a couple of shout-outs for teal as a romantic bedroom color. I like this bold blue-green hybrid it adds a bit of unexpected zing to a master bedroom without being too high-energy because I think. It is an color that is intense all four walls, so think about using it for accents only, as in the bedroom above, or limit the color to the headboard wall only, as shown at left. It's the perfect burst of playful color in otherwise neutral spaces.Jennifer Ott Design Teal paint colors to test: Peacock Tail from Behr or Night Scape from Valspar.
5. Earthy browns. Another favorite quite that is mentioned is rich, warm shades of brown. As a neutral, brown can be called upon to serve as a background color to other zestier hues, such as the accents of orange in the image above and the color that is coral of seat in the bed room at left. Like the purple that is dark plum colors, though, you want to balance dark brown with white or off-white elements so the color scheme doesn't feel too heavy.Jennifer Ott Design Brown paint colors to try: Coffeehouse Chocolate from Benjamin Moore or Sable from Sherwin-Williams.Jennifer Robin Interiors Of course you can also inject rich brown tones around your bedroom through the generous use of wood elements. The wood-clad walls and ceiling in this bedroom really amp the cozy up and romantic vibe.